appalachian thrail thru hike

read about my last long hike of surrender, a thru-hike of the appalachian trail from march 11th to july 1st, 2012 at timsatthruhike2012.blogspot.com

Monday, June 24, 2013

pct day 46 - 06/20/13

i got my usual early start and made my way up the long climb up to sonora pass. here is a video of me along the ridge . . .

YouTube Video

i then made my way down to highway 108, which is, i guess, technically sonora pass. when i got there this other thru-hiker, heffe, pulled up in a car with his parents. they were so unbelievably kind and generous to me. they had apples and coffee and his mom ate half her peanut butter and apricot jelly sandwich and gave the rest to me. they then drove me down the road to the north kennedy meadows pack camp and store where i ate a huge lunch and got some extra food to get me to south lake tahoe.

after getting a ride back up to the trail i ended up running in to marie, whom i met back at red's meadow, as she was taking a break. i decided to hike the rest of the afternoon with her. on our way we ran into gnome god, a great guy from boston, and i was very happy to pay forward my good luck in getting a ride to kennedy meadows by sharing some food with him, as he was running low.

marie and i had a wonderful hike and the conversation was so great. here is our surprising view as we crested a pass on the hike up from the road . . .


we did a steep climb towards the end of the day and then set up camp, shared an awesome dinner, a nice and toasty campfire, and of course, some magical conversation. easily one of the best days on the trail. thanx marie!

27 miles from 1003 to cs1030. 1030 miles total.

- tribhu (tree-boo)

No comments:

Post a Comment