appalachian thrail thru hike

read about my last long hike of surrender, a thru-hike of the appalachian trail from march 11th to july 1st, 2012 at timsatthruhike2012.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 23, 2013

pct day 42 - 06/16/13

so my first real day of hiking since my accident. not so bad. i decided to sleep in because i knew that i wasn't going to do many miles so that my body may heal.

this is my morning view . . .


i hiked along in the stunning ansel adams wilderness and finally ended up rejoing the john muir trail at thousand island lake in the afternoon . . .


i met a lovely family from san francisco just out for a weekend backpacking trip on the cliff shown above overlooking thousand island lake. it was great to see people enjoying the outdoors as a family.

i ended up making it 18 miles today without too much soreness and camped at this really sweet spot before donohue pass. i am really happy to be back on the trail and so at peace with my decision to leave even though my foot isn't 100%.

18 miles from 909 to the marie lakes trailhead. 927 miles total.

- tribhu (tree-boo)

No comments:

Post a Comment