appalachian thrail thru hike

read about my last long hike of surrender, a thru-hike of the appalachian trail from march 11th to july 1st, 2012 at timsatthruhike2012.blogspot.com

Monday, June 24, 2013

pct day 45 - 06/19/13

how amazing is the human body? so just this morning i can now put my full weight on my forefoot and can therefore push off with my foot. i am so very happy to be able to hike more normally again.

the great thing about my time off is that i have run into so many great people that i met earlier on the trail. it has been great to reconnect.

my goal for today was to make it to the 1000 mile marker or beyond. as i approached dorothy pass and the end of the yosemite wilderness i hiked thru grace meadow. holy mosquitos batman! i have never experienced something quite like this in my whole life. they were unbelievably thirsty and overwhelmingly numerous. i was so very happy to have my headnet.

just before the top of dorothy pass i met this great section hiking couple, steve and jen, with their totally awesome german shepherd.

shortly after dorothy pass i hiked pass the 1000 mile marker! here is a pic . . .


i made it just past the long lakes trailhead and bridge and slept very well.

30 miles from benson lake to mile 1003. 1003 mile total.

- tribhu (tree-boo)

No comments:

Post a Comment