appalachian thrail thru hike

read about my last long hike of surrender, a thru-hike of the appalachian trail from march 11th to july 1st, 2012 at timsatthruhike2012.blogspot.com

Monday, June 10, 2013

pct day 35 - 06/09/13

i attempted to wake up at 02:00 to try and catch the ferry to vvr, but i pressed the wrong button in the middle of the night on my watch and switched the time to east coast time, hehe. oh well, it obviously was not meant to be.

my feet are totally fine. it always amazes me how efficiently the human body can heal itself. even my heal feels fine - there is a large lateral crack that scabbed over nicely, helped along by keeping my feet out of my sleeping bag all night.

as i hiked along i was entertained by my ego mind being full of regret for not having pushed on a little further the previous day. the ascent up to seldon pass proved to be quite easy and there was almost no snow. i chose not to get involved with this idea of regret and thoroughly enjoyed my morning.

here is a pic of me at the top of seldon pass . . .


i decided to hike the side trail to vvr because all i had left for food was a pop tart, which was gone by 06:30. in two hours i ate a big lunch, checked email, resupplied, and caught the 16:30 ferry back across the lake. i decided to get in and out simply because their internet was by satellite and extremely slow and i had decided to zero in mammoth, which i will get to tomorrow.

here is a pic on the way up to silver pass . . .


here is a video at the top of silver pass . . .

YouTube Video

and finally, here is a beautiful sunset from just below silver pass . ..



34 miles for day with 6 to vvr and 28 pct miles from florence lake trail to square lake. 886 miles total.

- tribhu (tree-boo)

No comments:

Post a Comment