appalachian thrail thru hike

read about my last long hike of surrender, a thru-hike of the appalachian trail from march 11th to july 1st, 2012 at timsatthruhike2012.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 23, 2013

pct day 43 - 06/17/13

i decided to sleep in late again, knowing i would limit my miles. my alarm clock this morning was a marmot who walked right in to my tent. i wish i had a video to show you, because it was quite an entertaining sight. he walked in to a guy line and when it snapped and made a noise he just shook his head like he was stunned and kept on trekking. very cute.

i made my way up to donohue pass and in to yosemite! here a pic of my first view of yosemite from donohue . . .



i made my way down from donohue, quite steeply, and entered in to the tuolumne meadow valley. so incredibly beautiful! no pics, however, because the mosquitos were ferocious.

i did get a pic of this buck with half his rack grown in as i walked by. he didn't seem to care about my presence . . .



i made it 15 miles to the tuolumne meadows store and cafe by 13:00 and filled both my food bag and tummy. it is 151 miles from the store to south lake tahoe, my next planned resupply, so with my injury i am planning on five days after today.

i continued on for another 6 miles to glen aulin camp. here are the tuolumne falls from the top and the bottom that i passed along the way . . .





i spent a great evening by the fire with three other thru-hikers.

21 miles from marie lakes trailhead to glen aulin camp. 948 miles total.

- tribhu (tree-boo)

No comments:

Post a Comment