appalachian thrail thru hike

read about my last long hike of surrender, a thru-hike of the appalachian trail from march 11th to july 1st, 2012 at timsatthruhike2012.blogspot.com

Friday, July 12, 2013

pct day 64 - 07/08/13

after a grueling day thru hat creek rim, today was so nice a relaxing. only ten miles until burney state park, where there was cold drinks, food, and yummy soft serve ice cream. sooooo good. here is a pic of the sign at burney falls state park . . .



it is a little mournful to be over halfway finished, but there is still lots of trail and amazing adventures ahead.

we took off from burney state park and on the way up the climb hooligan caught up with us!!! the threesome, which i call my pct dream team, is back together. so great. we didn't think we would get to see hooligan again before he gets off the trail to renew his visa. we made it to a spring with a perfect little spring. we were then joined by another hiking threesome made up of walk-a-while, the lorax, and zen, and then we were joined by longlegs and erin. it was such a great night, especially since we continued by bday celebration.

shankara, if you read this, truly thank you so much. the quote by Thich Nhat Hanh of which you reminded me has had such a deep impact. here it is again: "When I walk, I don’t hurry to arrive. Why? Because I arrive every moment. I have already arrived. We should train in that. I have arrived, I am home, In the here and in the now. I am solid, I am free, In the ultimate I dwell."

my goal this hike was always to surrender to the kharma of what comes up, especially in my interactions with others. like we all do, sometimes i forget and get lost in my own ego, which was wrapped up in the extreme physicality of moving beyond my own body. that was the first third of this little walk-a-about. now i am in the bliss of this beautiful little trail family i have found . . .

21 miles from the crystal lake state fish hatchery to screwdriver spring and campsite. 1433 miles total.

- tribhu (tree-boo)

No comments:

Post a Comment